Purpose and Functions
The purpose of the Convocation Committee is to plan and implement the college’s annual convocation program and supporting events. The functions of the committee include coordination with academic affairs, the Vision Series Committee and other relevant college units and student organizations in the selection of the convocation theme and foundational materials, and in the planning of supplementary topical events in support of the Convocation theme. Its function is to recommend policies and procedures as necessary and proper to accomplish its purpose.
- Co-Chair, Dean of School of Humanities and Social Sciences;
- Co-Chair, Dean of School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences;
- Library Director;
- Network and Technology Support Specialist;
- Marketing Coordinator;
- School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Administrative Assistant ;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences Administrative Assistant;
- One faculty from each school, elected by faculty of each school;
- Director of First Year Experience; and
- Student, appointed by Student Government Association.