The Office of Housing and Residence Life creates a safe living environment which promotes holistic learning and personal growth among residents. This environment fosters independent thinking and accountable personal-decision making. Through our programs and services, we challenge students to be engaged, community-minded and academically successful.
Our Core Values
- Provide residents with the support and resources to foster personal and academic success.
- Ensure that students are civically aware and engaged by providing opportunities for involvement with East Georgia State College and the greater Swainsboro community.
- Encourage students to understand, appreciate, and promote awareness of diverging views, opinions and differing backgrounds through intentional programs and educational conversations.
- Promote an ethic of teamwork that connects our department with others in support of the mission of East Georgia State College.
- Collaborate strategically and closely with the College Police Department, Corvias, IT Services, and Plant Operations to ensure that student residences are safe, secure and well-maintained.
- 90% of new residential students will report that they agree or strongly agree that housing met or exceeded their expectations prior to move-in.
- 90% of residential students will report that housing staff members contributed to their overall student success.
- 90% of residential students will indicate that they agree or strongly agree that housing made them aware of, and connected them with, resources on campus.
- Continue a 0% cancellation rate for reasons of student dissatisfaction and reduce overall cancellations for non-hardship reasons by 50%.
- Students who participate as resident assistants for an entire year and/or as members of the residence hall association will retain at higher rates than non-participants.