Purpose and Functions
The purpose of the Study Abroad Committee is to promote artistic, intellectual, personal, and cultural growth of students and faculty at the College through the study abroad experience. This may be accomplished by establishing new study abroad programs, renewing existing programs and supporting other programs within the University System of Georgia. The Committee’s primary functions are to review policies and procedures of the College regarding study abroad and make recommendations as necessary to accomplish its purpose, review approval requests for new study abroad programs of the College, evaluate existing programs, and coordinate with the Director of Study Abroad to make recommendations to the President regarding matters involving study abroad.
- Chair, Director of Study Abroad
- Humanities Faculty Member recommended by the Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences and elected by the Faculty
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences faculty member recommended by the Dean of the School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and elected by the Faculty
- One Representative from Academic and Student Affairs
- One Representative from Business Affairs
- One Representative from Institutional Advancement