As part of Embark Georgia the EGSC Bobcat Pantry helps provide students with some of the basic needs they may not be able to attain through other means. Students can be referred for assistance or apply using the attached form. The Bobcat Pantry program was organized to ensure that all students attending East Georgia State College would not be adversely affected in their academic studies due to their inability to provide basic needs.
All students can receive assistance through the program, they can submit an Online Request Form or contact a member of the Faculty/Staff at East Georgia State College.
The Bobcat Pantry Program will provide educational, and personal counseling, mentoring, personal care needs, and assistance with food. These services can be requested through submittal of our online form, which allows the student to do so confidentially. The request will then be reviewed to determine need and to what extent it can be performed within a 24-48 business hour period. The student will then be contacted and informed of where they can receive their requested items.
In addition, members of the student life team are happy to assist students with navigating the SNAP Benefits application process for additional assistance.
Using the Bobcat Pantry is Simple!
5 Easy Steps:
- Visit the Bobcat Pantry during operating hours. We are located in Room B163 of the Jean Anderson Morgan (JAM) Student Activities Center across from the Business Office.
- If you are a first-time visitor, you will need to complete a brief intake form. After that, you will need to sign in with your EGSC ID for each visit. You must have your ID for each visit.
- Select 1-2 items from each section. We highly recommend you maximize your visit to ensure that you get the most use out of the pantry resources.
- Check with a member of the Student Life Staff if you have any questions.
- Enjoy your week and tell a friend to visit us today!
JAM Student Activity Center
(Across from the Business Office)
Thursdays: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Fridays: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Rescue Mission Middle GA
Macon, GA 31201
The Augusta Salvation Army
1384 Greene ST
Augusta Rescue Mission (Men’s Shelter)
526 Walker ST
Mt. Salem Outreach Mission (Men’s Shelter)
2121 Augusta RD
Salvation Army Shelter - Aiken
604 Park Ave SE
Open Hearts Community Mission
For tasty, nutritious, and budget-friendly meal options, explore the online resources
The recipe book Good and Cheap (Bueno y Barato) by Leanne Brown offers guidance on eating well with a daily budget of $4. Available
in both English and Spanish, this book can be accessed through Leanne Brown's website or via the links below.
Feeding America also has a database of easy healthy recipes you can check out!
*These books are made available through a Creative Commons License by Leanne Brown. Please visit her webpage for more details.