11.13 Computer Lab/Workstation Usage Policy
Scope of Policy
This policy is to provide regulations and information to users of the East Georgia State College computer labs and other campus IT resources. This policy also applies to computer workstations located in classrooms and other public access areas where computer workstations are located. The policy also applies to the utilization of the College's data network via college-owned and non-college-owned IT equipment & devices.
Violators of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action listed in the "Enforcement" section of the East Georgia State College Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
- Scheduled classes and other official college functions have priority over other uses of computer classrooms. No classes may be scheduled in student computer lab B111 at Swainsboro campus or H134 at EGSC Statesboro.
- A student must present and have scanned his/her active East Georgia State College
Student ID when entering / utilizing the student computer labs listed below. Note:
Students are not allowed to use another EGSC student’s ID card. Room B111 at the Student
Services Building – Swainsboro campus Room H134 at EGSC Statesboro
- In order to utilize the student computers located in the cyber café area of the Student Services Building, students must enter their East Georgia State College Student ID number (i.e, the number that begins with 9300.)
- Use of IT equipment located in the East Georgia State College computer labs / computer classrooms are limited to use by EGSC faculty, staff and students. Children are not allowed in EGSC student computer labs or computer classrooms.
- The student computer labs and computer classrooms are study facilities, so noise should be kept to a low level so as not to disturb others who may be studying. In particular, these are not appropriate places for boisterous behavior or any sort of horseplay.
- Users of East Georgia State College workstations/computers are not allowed to install software applications on any East Georgia State College workstation/computer.
- Users of the East Georgia State College network are not allowed to download, copy, or store video files, music files (or related type files) to computers located in the computer labs/computer classrooms or in other EGSC facilities.
- Food, drink, tobacco products and other similar-type products are not allowed in the computer labs / computer classrooms under any circumstances because they have the potential for seriously damaging the equipment in the computer labs/computer classrooms.
- While using an EGSC student computer lab or computer classroom, users may use cellular telephones and other similar communication devices for texting only. Because it can be disturbing to others, cell phone conversations are not allowed inside EGSC student computer labs and computer classrooms.
- Do not remove paper from the printers located in the EGSC student computer labs/computer classrooms.
- Do not log into or out of the student computers located in the EGSC student computer labs / computer classrooms. If someone has logged out before you, please restart the computer.
- Users of the EGSC student computer labs (B111 & H134) who need assistance should contact the Student Assistant in the lab or contact Information Technology Department, which is located in G. L. Smith Building at Swainsboro campus and Room H130 at EGSC-Statesboro.