- EGSC Military Resource Center
- Veteran’s Certification Process
- Tuition Assistance Certification Process
- Military Out-Of-State Waivers
- College Credit for Military Education
- Degrees, Certificates and Transfer Pathways
- Tuition and Fees
- Post-9/11 Benefits
- Montgomery GI Bill
- EGSC Online Application
- EGSC Military Students Numbers - Fall 2012 - Fall 2015
- External Resources
East Georgia State College's Military Student Resource Center is dedicated to providing active duty, reserve service members, veterans and dependents of service members with convenient high quality services. The center also features a lounge for students to relax and study.
The resource center offers advising, including partnering students, faculty and staff with military students as their mentors.
For more information about the Military Resource Center, contact: Stacey Grant at (478) 289-2145 or (478) 289-2385 or email: MRC@ega.edu
Location: Swainsboro Campus - PE Building, Room D147
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8AM to 5PM
Term Certification For Students Receiving VA Benefits
In order to be certified by East Georgia State College, students must submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (or NOBE) to the VA Certifying Official, Georgia T. Mathews. The COE is issued by the Veteran’s Administration office once an online application (VONAPP) has been completed and submitted to the VA. Students are certified by the institution at the beginning of every semester, immediately following Schedule Adjustment. Any changes to your degree, transfer pathway or enrollment (drop/add/withdrawals) must be reported to the VA Certifying Official, Georgia T. Mathews.
If you have not completed a VONAPP with the Veteran’s Administration office, applying for your VA education benefits here. Once you have completed your VONAPP and submitted it to the VA office, please print a copy to submit to Enrollment Services at East Georgia State College.
Term Certification For Students Receiving Tuition Assistance
In order to receive Tuition Assistance through GoArmyEd, students must complete the process below. Once you are approved, print your authorization form and submit it to Chelsea Follis in the Business Office at East Georgia State College. Remember, an Official Degree Plan must be completed with an academic advisor and uploaded into GoArmyEd. To apply for TA, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.GoArmyEd.com and select “New User”
- Complete the required information for a base role GoArmyEd account, which results in the creation of your GoArmyEd user name and password. The base role access will allow you access to training, helpdesk, on-duty classes, and testing.
To request TA-level access to register for college classes, the following steps must be completed:
- Log in to http://www.GoArmyEd.com using your user name and password
Select the “Request TA Access” Smart Link, where you will be presented with the following steps:
- Verification of TA Eligibility
- Review of Training
- Submission of your Statement of Understanding (SOU)
- Selection of home school and degree plan
- Completion of the Common Application
After you complete the steps listed above, your Army Education Counselor/ESO will review your application and, pending approval, activate your GoArmyEd account. You will receive an email when your application has been approved and you have access to request TA.
TA Requests MUST be submitted before the class starts or no later than the final day of the school’s late registration period.
You will need to supply class information in an online TA Request. You will be presented with the following process:
- Log in to www. GoArmyEd.com
- Select the “Request TA” Smart Link
- Confirm your school is pre-populated, enter the class Subject, Catalog, and the Class Start Date and select “Next”
- The TA Request displays. Complete each required field in the Class Information sections.
- Cost of tuition and fees must be attached to the TA Request in the Upload Cost and/or Course Information Enrollment Verification Information section to submit the form. That can be done in one of two ways: Upload the document that has been saved on a computer and attach, or upload the document in eFile first and select the transaction type Cost and/or Course Enrollment Verification, so it will appear when you select the “Search eFile” button to attach to the TA Request. (See “How to use e-File”)
Note: Valid cost verification WILL include one or more of the following: an itemized receipt or screenshot from an online account with the school, a current invoice from the school, or a statement of tuition and fees specific to your enrollment or account with the school. Tuition and fees must be listed separately. The course start date and number of credit hours is also required for each request.
- Complete each required field in the Class Cost section and select “Calculate Cost” so you can see the final Army and Soldier costs.
- Review your TA Request for accuracy and then select “Submit.”
- When the TA Request is approved by the Army, you will receive a confirmation email.
- You must print and submit a copy of the approved TA Request to your school when registering for classes.
Note: If TA does not cover the entire cost of the class, you are responsible for the remainder, which will be billed directly by the school.
An institution may award out-of-state tuition differential waivers and assess in-state tuition for certain nonresidents of Georgia for the following reasons (under the following conditions):
- Military Personnel Application. Military personnel, their spouses, and their dependent children stationed in or assigned to Georgia and on active duty. The waiver can be retained by the military personnel, their spouses, and their dependent children if (a) the military sponsor is reassigned outside of Georgia and the student(s) remain(s) continuously enrolled and the military sponsor remains on active duty military status; (b) the military sponsor is reassigned out-of-state and the spouse and dependent children remain in Georgia and the sponsor remains on active military duty; or (c) active military personnel and their spouse and dependent children who are stationed in a state contiguous to the Georgia border and who live in Georgia (BoR Minutes, February 2009) are eligible to receive a military waiver of non-resident fees.
- Georgia National Guard and U.S. Military Reservists Application. Active members of the Georgia National Guard, stationed or assigned to Georgia or active members of a unit of the U.S. Military Reserves based in Georgia, and their spouses and their dependent children (BoR Minutes, October 2008).
- Recently Separated Military Service Personnel Application. Members of a uniformed military service of the United States who, within thirty-six (36) months of separation from such service, enroll in an academic program and demonstrate an intent to become a permanent resident of Georgia. This waiver may also be granted to their spouses and dependent children.
For additional information concerning residency, students should contact the Office of the Registrar in the Jean Anderson Morgan Student Activities Center or write to the Office of the Registrar, Attention: Lynette Saulsberry, East Georgia State College, 131 College Circle, Swainsboro, GA, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of the Registrar must receive student’s out-of-state tuition waiver application deadline before the deadline listed on the application. East Georgia State College will continue to consider and evaluate out-of-state waivers 45 days from the first day of the semester for the purpose of awarding; however students area still obligated to pay their tuition and fees by the Final Fee Payment Deadline for the semester.
Students who wish to have their military experience and training evaluated for college credit should submit a copy of appropriate forms to the Office of Admissions. See the current college catalog (bottom page 17) for more information.
DISCLAIMER: The external resources listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and do not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the external resource being offered or any organizations mentioned. External resources listed are for informational purposes only. All the following links will open in a new tab/window.
- Career Guide for Veterans- moneygeeks.com
- Financial Aid Guide for Military and Veterans - bestcolleges.com
- Georgia's HERO Scholarship Program
- Housing Benefits for Veterans - moneygeeks.com
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Guide - moneygeeks.com