East Georgia State College - Statesboro offers a wide variety of courses, including Learning-Support courses, College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) Deficiency courses, and Core Curriculum Courses.
Learning Support courses and courses taken to satisfy CPC deficiencies are not considered college credit and, therefore, are not counted toward graduation hours or transfer hours.
Courses offered by East Georgia State College - Statesboro include:
Learning Support Courses
- English 0099
- Math 0099
- Reading 0099
Core Curriculum Courses
- ENGL 1101 (Composition I)
- ENGL 1102 (Composition II)
- MATH 1111 (College Algebra)
- ENGL 2111 (World Literature I)
- ENGL 2112 (World Literature II)
- ENGL 2120 (British Literature)
- ART 1100 (Introduction to Art)
- COMM 1110 (Public Speaking)
- MUSC 1100 (Introduction to Music)
- SPAN 1001 (Elementary Spanish I)
- SPAN 1002 (Elementary Spanish II)
- THEA 1100 (Theater Appreciation)
- BIOL 1107 (Principals of Biology I)
- ISCI 1101 (Integrated Science)*
- MATH 1113 (Pre-Calculus)**
- MATH 1121 (Introduction to Statistics)**
- POLS 1101 (American Government)
- HIST 1111 (Western Civilization to 1648)
- HIST 1112 (Western Civilization since 1648)
- HIST 2111 (US History to 1865)***
- HIST 2112 (US History since 1865)***
- ECON 2105 (Principles of Macroeconomics)***
- PSYC 1101 (Introduction to Psychology)***
- SOCI 1101 (Introduction to Sociology)***
- EGAC 1100 (Student Success) -- required of all students
Health and PE courses are required of all students who attend college in the University System of Georgia.
EGSC-S students may take Healthful Living and various PE courses through Georgia Southern University.
* ISCI 1101 is intended for those students who have a CPC deficiency in Science,
but is accepted for college credit as a Traditional Lab Science.
** MATH 1113 and MATH 1121 fall under Area D, but are required Area A math courses for some majors.
*** These Area E courses can be used to satisfy a CPC deficiency in Social Science.