Freshmen: If you are attending the Swainsboro campus, April 8 is the deadline to apply for the Correll Scholarship!
Scholarships are made possible by generous donors. They are awarded via a competitive process to EGSC students who have applied, meet certain criteria and been selected by a committee of scholarship application reviewers. Scholarships are typically awarded for educational expenses for one academic year or term (fall and spring or spring only), unless otherwise noted.
Instructions for Applying for a scholarship
In order to apply, you must have applied and been accepted as a student at EGSC. To use the online scholarship application, you will use your EGSC username and the same password you have established for your My EGSC Portal access. The scholarship application process is quick, easy and free! This is your permanent account and may be accessed at any time or from any place.
- After logging in, complete the application tab first. This will match your information and scholarship criteria.
- Make sure you have completed the FAFSA from which the Foundation determines financial need. Without this, you may still apply but your consideration for certain scholarships may be limited.
- Essays and short answer responses are VERY important and may be into the completed in a word processing software, then copied and pasted into the application (spelling and grammar DO count!) Please be thorough, honest and forthright without becoming wordy or repetitive; For certain scholarships, your responses have a word limit.
- Certain scholarships may require a letter of recommendation. Be sure to personally contact a potential recommender to request a recommendation prior to sending the automated email from the scholarship system. Remember that requests for letters of recommendation will take time to be completed once you request them, so allow enough time. You may log in to your application to check the status of letters of recommendation, which will appear as "pending" or "completed". If you have a paper recommendation, you may upload it.
- Please start the application process early so that you have enough time to prepare your essay/short answer responses, get letters of recommendation and obtain/attach any other required documents.
- You may save your progress and return as needed to complete your application prior to the deadline.
After you have applied
Following the closing date for applications, the scholarship application review and awarding process will take up to 6 weeks. Please note that we have more applicants for scholarships than we have funds to award, so not all students will receive a scholarship. Please be patient through the process! You may check back on the status of your scholarship application(s) by logging in to your online account.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarships listed below are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and do not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarships being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.