Term Certification For Students Receiving VA Benefits
In order to be certified by East Georgia State College, students must submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (or NOBE) to the VA Certifying Official. The COE is issued by the Veteran’s Administration office once an online application (VONAPP) has been completed and submitted to the VA. Students are certified by the institution at the beginning of every semester, immediately following Schedule Adjustment. Any changes to transfer pathways or changes in enrollment (drop/add/withdrawals) must be reported to the VA Certifying Official.
If you have not completed a VONAPP with the Veteran’s Administration office, applying for your VA education benefits here. Once you have completed your VONAPP and submitted it to the VA office, please print a copy to submit to Ms. Jillian Kirkland, VA Certifying Official at East Georgia State College.
Term Certification For Students Receiving Tuition Assistance
In order to receive Tuition Assistance through GoArmyEd students must contact Ms. Pam Herrington in the Business Office at East Georgia State College. Remember, an Official Degree Plan must be completed with an academic advisor and uploaded into GoArmyEd. To apply for TA follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.GoArmyEd.com and select “New User”
Complete the required information for a base role GoArmyEd account, which results in the creation of your GoArmyEd user name and password. The base role access will allow you access to training, helpdesk, on-duty classes, and testing. To request TA-level access to register for college classes, the following steps must be completed:
- Log in to http://www.GoArmyEd.com using your user name and password
Select the “Request TA Access” Smart Link, where you will be presented with the following steps:
- Verification of TA Eligibility
- Review of Training
- Submission of your Statement of Understanding (SOU)
- Selection of home school and degree plan
- Completion of the Common Application
After you complete the steps listed above, your Army Education Counselor/ESO will review your application and, pending approval, activate your GoArmyEd account. You will receive an email when your application has been approved and you have access to request TA.
How to Request TA and Enroll in a Class
TA Requests MUST be submitted before the class starts or no later than the final day of the school’s late registration period.
Depending on the school you attend, you will be presented with one of two enrollment paths. GoArmyEd will determine your path automatically and all approved TA will be paid directly to your school by the Army upon successful class completion.
If your school uploads classes and tuition costs to GoArmyEd, you will be presented with the following process:
- Log in to http://www.GoArmyEd.com
- Select the “Request TA” Smart Link
- Confirm your school name is pre-populated and the class start date range is correct, then select “Next”
- View Class Search Results. Select the “Class Details” button before enrolling to view more class information (e.g., class description, SH cost, prerequisites, required class materials)
- Select “Request Class” for your desired class
- The Confirm Classes screen displays class cost information. Be sure to review the cost covered by TA and any cost you must self-pay. Select “Process Enrollment” or “I Agree To Pay.”
- Note: If TA does not cover the entire cost of the class, you are responsible for the remainder, which will be billed directly by the school.
- Further note: Do not X out of page. Select “Cancel Request” if class selection is in error.
- Review and update your account information if necessary, then select “Account Information Verified”
- The View Results screen displays the status of your enrollment request. If the Status column shows a green checkmark, you have successfully enrolled, pending final approval from the school. You will receive an email confirming enrollment.
If your school does not upload classes and tuition costs to GoArmyEd, you will need to supply class information in an online TA Request. You will be presented with the following process:
- Log in to www. GoArmyEd.com
- Select the “Request TA” Smart Link
- Confirm your school is pre-populated, enter the class Subject, Catalog, and the Class Start Date and select “Next”
- The TA Request displays. Complete each required field in the Class Information sections.
Cost of tuition and fees must be attached to the TA Request in the Upload Cost and/or Course Information Enrollment Verification Information section to submit the form. That can be done in one of two ways: Upload the document that has been saved on a computer and attach, or upload the document in eFile first and select the transaction type Cost and/or Course Enrollment Verification, so it will appear when you select the “Search eFile” button to attach to the TA Request. (See “How to use e-File”)
Note: Valid cost verification WILL include one or more of the following: an itemized receipt or screenshot from an online account with the school, a current invoice from the school, or a statement of tuition and fees specific to your enrollment or account with the school. Tuition and fees must be listed separately. The course start date and number of credit hours is also required for each request.
- Complete each required field in the Class Cost section and select “Calculate Cost” so you can see the final Army and Soldier costs.
- Review your TA Request for accuracy and then select “Submit.”
- When the TA Request is approved by the Army, you will receive a confirmation email.
You must print and submit a copy of the approved TA Request to your school when registering for classes.
Note: If TA does not cover the entire cost of the class, you are responsible for the remainder, which will be billed directly by the school.