Our system of academic warning, probation, and dismissal is designed to inform students if their academic performance is unsatisfactory. Below is the following progression:
- After attempting 1-17 semester credit hours, a student's cumulative GPA falls below 2.0, the student is placed on Academic Warning.
- After attempting more than seventeen credit hours, the student's cumulative GPA falls below 2.0, the student is placed on Academic Probation.
- The student must then make at least a 2.0 term GPA during the next and any subsequent semester until the cumulative GPA is 2.0 or more, or the student will be placed on Academic Exclusion for one semester.
- Upon returning, the student's readmission status is Continued Probation until the student achieves a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater. Failure to earn a term 2.0 GPA in any semester while on Continued Probation will result in the student being placed on Academic Exclusion for one year.
- A student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to remain on Good Standing with the College.
- Students not exiting learning support English and/or Reading after two attempts (cumulative–including attempts at other USG institutions) will be placed on Learning Support Dismissal One Year.
- Students not exiting learning support Math after three attempts (cumulative –including attempts at other USG institutions) will be placed on Learning Support Dismissal One Year.
EGSC will not accept transfer credit from another institution while a student is on any exclusionary academic standing from East Georgia State College.