Contact and Location Information
Will you be on campus for a tour? Call us to arrange a tour of housing. We will have rooms available for viewing beginning May 7, 2018.
Housing & Residence Life
Jean and LC Strange Clubhouse
131 College Circle
Swainsboro, GA 30401
The Office of Housing and Residence Life creates a safe living environment which promotes holistic learning and personal growth among residents. This environment fosters independent thinking and accountable personal-decision making. Through our programs and services, we challenge students to be engaged, community-minded and academically successful.
Housing Core Values
- Providing residents with the support and resources to promote successful transitions and practical, applicable learning experiences conducive to academic and personal success.
- We strive to ensure that students are civically aware and engaged by providing opportunities for involvement with East Georgia State College and the greater Swainsboro community.
- We encourage students to understand, appreciate, and promote tolerance of diverging views, opinions and differing backgrounds through intentional programs and educational conversations.
- We promote an ethic of team work that connects our department with others in support of the mission of East Georgia State College.
- We collaborate strategically and closely with the College Police Department, Corvias, IT Services, and Plant Operations to ensure that student residences are safe, secure and well maintained.
- Students who reside on campus will demonstrate higher cumulative GPAs than comparable commuter students.
- Students who reside on campus will demonstrate higher rates of retention than comparable commuter students.
- 90% of residential students who participate in housing programs will report that their resident assistant made attempts to engage them and connect them with campus resources conducive to their individual success.
- Residential occupancy will increase by at last 8% from the previous year with a goal of 100% occupancy by Fall 2018. (Goal has been exceeded as of August 2017)
- Reduce housing cancellations for reasons of student dissatisfaction from Fall 17 to Spring 18 by 50%.
- Students who participate as resident assistants or members of the residence hall association will retain at higher rates than non-employees.
Housing Administrative Staff
Housing Support Staff
Work for Housing as a Student Employee
All RA positions for Fall 2018 have been filled. Check back as future vacancies arise!
Once a student has lived in campus housing for 1 semester, they are then eligible to apply for Resident Assistant (RA) positions within Bobcat Villas West and South. Resident Assistants are exactly as the term implies--they are student assistants who live and work within the residence halls in support of fellow residential students.
Resident Assistants Function at the Highest Level in the Areas of:
- Role modeling and leadership
- Resource assistance and referral
- Student and community development
- Safety and security awareness
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Customer service activities
Typical duties include:
- Working at the student reception desks in Bobcat Villas South or West.
- Attending regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Conducting administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to, occupancy checks and health and safety inspections.
- Creating and implementing programming and social activities for residential students.
- Providing a listening ear for fellow residents.
- Connecting residential students with campus resources to help them be successful.
- Participating as a part-time peer tutor as part of the Smarty Cats tutoring program.
Minimum Requirements for application consideration:
- Residency in on-campus housing for at least one full semester (exceptions provided on a case-by-case basis.
- Enrolled as a full-time, on-campus EGSC student (12+ credit hours) during period of employment.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the start of and during the term of employment.
- Ability to balance academic, employment, personal and co-curricular commitments.
- Successful completion of the interview process (includes individual interview and group interview).
For More Information: