Purpose and Functions:
Purpose and Functions: The purpose of the Housing Committee is to assure that on-campus housing provided for students promotes an excellent learning environment at the College. Its functions are to recommend policies and procedures as necessary and proper to accomplish its purposes, provide representation, guidance, oversight and information dissemination to the College as a whole concerning the College’s housing program, and make recommendations concerning long range planning, program expansion and budgetary allocations.
- Chair, Director of Housing
- Business Affairs
- Plant Operations
- One faculty elected by the faculty
- One student appointed by the current housing residents
Works of the Committee:
The Housing Committee attempts to meet in person at least once per semester and then utilizes email and web-based meeting options at all other times.
Each year, the Committee:
- reviews the Residence Hall Handbook, including all forms, and makes recommendations for changes/updates
- sets important dates for residential students
- reviews the budget plan that will be presented each Spring for the following fiscal year and makes recommendations for changes
- makes recommendations for marketing goals/plans and reviews the results
- makes recommendations for satisfaction survey questions administered by Corvias Campus Living