Purpose and Functions:
A culture of respect is necessary to the personal, academic, and professional growth of our community; it is one that integrates multiple worldviews and encourages our community to engage in dialogues that value diverse perspectives and foster an atmosphere of courtesy, civility, and respect. The purpose of the Culture of Respect Committee is to develop strategies, policies, and procedures to develop and maintain a culture of respect at East Georgia State College. Its function is to recommend policies and procedures as necessary and proper to accomplish its purpose.
- Chair, Dean of School of Humanities and Social Sciences;
- Three faculty members: one from Humanities, one from Social Sciences, and one from Mathematics/Natural Sciences.
- Faculty Senate President;
- Associate Vice President for Executive Affairs;
- Chief of Staff and Legal Counsel;
- Director, EGSC Statesboro;
- Director of Human Resources; and
- Coordinator of Title IX, Equity and Inclusion.
*The Culture of Respect Committee was formerly known as the Culture of Respect Task Force
Works of the Committee: