Purpose and Functions:
The purpose of the Criminal Background Investigation Committee (Student) is to ensure that the College adheres to federal and state law and policies of the Board of Regents concerning background investigations of students and applicants for admission and readmission. Its functions are to recommend policies and procedures as necessary and proper to accomplish its purposes and to review background investigation reports and determine the eligibility for admission, readmission, continued enrollment, tutoring, student teaching, study abroad, and on-campus housing.
- Chair, Director of Admissions
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- Chief of Staff and Legal Counsel
- Chief of Public Safety or Assistant Chief of Public Safety
- Director of Housing
- Student Conduct Officer
Works of the Committee:
- The committee reviewed 383 student cases for the Fall 2014 and 77 for the Spring 2015 term to determine if they were either admissible to the institution or could continue to attend after reporting an incident. Among the students reviewed, only three percent of the students were unable to attend.