The purpose of the Scholarship program at East Georgia State College is to recognize and reward achievement among deserving new students to the college on the basis of academic achievement, character, service to the community, special talents, and purpose.
The awards are made by the East Georgia State College Scholarship Committee based on available funds.
LEADERSHIP MERIT: Up to $2500 for the cost of educational expenses for the fall and spring semesters.
Leadership scholarships are awarded for demonstrating academic achievement and demonstrating leadership/service qualities. Recipients must attend East Georgia’s Swainsboro Campus, have a minimum 2.5 GPA , at least a 900 combined Critical Reading and Math SAT score or an ACT Composite score of 19, and provide evidence of service and leadership in the school and/or community.
NON-TRADITIONAL MERIT: Up to $1000 for the cost of educational expense for the fall and spring
semesters. Non-Traditional Scholarships are awarded to adults who have been out of high school or college for at least 5 years. Recipients must attend East Georgia State College’s Swainsboro Campus and must show evidence of service to community.
AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS are provided by the following funds and donors and are awarded based on the Presidential, Leadership and Non –Traditional merit requirements outlined.
If there are additional requirements for a particular scholarship, it is so noted:
- Dr. George Walker Fund
- Dr. Willie Gunn Fund
- Dr. Jeremiah Ashcroft Fund
- George L. Smith Scholarship
- Devereaux, Haigh, Lippett Scholarship
- Gambrell Family Scholarship
- Richard L. Brown Scholarship
- Rountree Family Fund Scholarship
- James W. Buckley Scholarship
- Herrington Scholarship Fund
- Vendie Hooks Fund
- Livingston Family Scholarship
- Jennings Family Scholarship
- General Funds of the East Georgia State College Foundation, INC.
- Hubert and Nell Reeves Family Scholarship
- Livingston Family Scholarship: $500 annually—student must be employed and demonstrate financial need
- Jennings Family Scholarship: A graduate from Treutlen, Johnson or Emanuel County that will major in Agriculture, Forestry or Business. The student is asked to give back to EGSC after graduation.
- Hubert and Nell Reeves Family Scholarship - open to all students - preference to student with financial need and / or from Jenkins County
THE DEADLINE FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS APRIL 1ST.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ACCEPTED TO EAST GEORGIA COLLEGE BEFORE THEY CAN BE CONSIDERED FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP
OTHER AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Dekle – Lamb Scholarship - $500 annual award to the president of EGSC Circle K Club.
- Beta Sigma Phi Scholarship - $1000 awarded annually to a non-traditional working mother with financial need. This scholarship is based on an application and chosen by the sorority.
- Beta Sigma Phi (2) Scholarship - $1000 awarded to traditional student with service background - application required
- Betty Colston Fund – Education Major – second year student at EGSC or GSU – Essay Required – chosen by family.