What is a Quality Enhancement Plan?
As stated in the SACSCOC Handbook for Institutions Seeking Reaffirmation, the “QEP describes a carefully designed course of action that addresses a well-defined and focused topic or issue related to enhancing student learning and/or supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution.”
Selecting a QEP topic is a multi-step process that includes a comprehensive review of data as well as input from faculty, staff, students, and alumni gathered through surveys and meetings.
As part of its upcoming SACSCOC Reaffirmation, East Georgia State College is in the process of developing a new Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that:
(1) includes a broad-based institutional process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment,
(2) focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution,
(3) demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP,
(4) includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP, and
(5) identifies goals and a plan to assess achievement (Quality Enhancement Plan).
Ren Denton, Chair