In addition to the requirements for beginning students and transfer students as outlined in the East Georgia State College catalog. Students from countries other than the United States must meet the following requirements for admission to East Georgia State College:
- Present minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores that demonstrate proficiency in the English language, if English is not the native language. A minimum score of 523 Paper-based, 193 Computer-based, 70 Internet-based OR a 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is required for admission consideration. Any student who has successfully completed a program of English as a second language may be exempt from the TOEFL requirement. Each exception must be approved by the AR Appeals Committee.
- Must present official translated secondary (high school) or post secondary (college or university) transcripts, diplomas, certificates including grade reports and courses completed. An official English translation must accompany all academic documents from an approved agency..
- Must have achieved a level of education equivalent to high school graduation in the United States.
- Must submit a completed East Georgia State College application for admission and pay the $20 Application Fee.
- Must submit a "SEVIS Data Form”.
- Must submit a financial statement outlining student's ability to pay all East Georgia State College expenses in full (at least $20,000). International students are not eligible for financial assistance. The College reserves the right to request funds for one year from countries in which students experience unusual difficulty in sending money out of their country.
- Must present evidence of personally acquired health and accident insurance from an approved college agency: United Healthcare/Student Resources. This must be done within 30 days of the first day of classes.
- Must submit SAT scores (430 Critical Reading/400 Mathematics), ACT (17 English/17 Math) or Compass scores in the areas of English, Reading, and Mathematics before acceptance and registration. Students scoring below the minimum required score will be placed in the appropriate learning support courses designed to teach the skills needed to pass college level coursework. Any student who has successfully completed a learning support course in English and/or reading as part of a program of English as a second language will not be required to take the Compass placement test in English and/or reading.
- It is the policy of East Georgia State College not to issue any Certificate of Eligibility for non-immigrant (F-1) student status (Form I-20) until all international student admission requirements have been met. Since no Form I-20 will be issued within thirty (30) days prior to the date of registration, international students are encouraged to have their admissions file completed at least 60 days in advance of the start of their semester of entrance.
- International students with student (F-1) visas are required to take a full course load (12 semester hours) fall and spring semester.
- East Georgia State College reserves the right to admit only an international applicant who is academically qualified, who has proven his/her ability to meet the financial requirements while in attendance, and who has qualified for the appropriate visa type.
- East Georgia State College is a residential campus; however, the student must apply 30 days prior to attendance. Students assume responsibility for their own housing.
- Students must submit the required Certification of Immunization form.
The International Student's Admissions Packet can be found here!