East Georgia is a great place to begin your college degree.
Here, you'll find:
- Great faculty, many of whom have "real world" experience in their fields in addition to teaching experience, and who regularly involve students in hands-on projects that reinforce their learning.
- Knowledgeable and accessible advisement.
- Connections to the region's employers.
- Opportunities to learn by doing through observation, research and internship experiences.
- Involvement in the profession through membership in student clubs and organizations.
Where Will You Go From Here?
With general studies as your major, you have a world of options open to you. Most students who complete a general studies degree transfer to complete their four-year degrees in a specific major, having fulfilled their general education requirements. If, as you pursue your studies at EGC, you are led in a more specific direction toward degree completion, you may want to change your major in order to take a few classes that pertain to your career path.
Graduate and professional degrees add to your career options and your earning potential. Earning an associate’s degree adds to your earning potential by about $10,000 annually. Those who complete bachelor’s degrees average annual salaries of $20,000 more than those who have completed a high school diploma. That’s a difference of nearly $1,000,000 over your working lifetime!
EGSC General Studies students have transferred to complete their degrees at a variety of institutions, including:
- Georgia Southwestern State University
- Augusta State University
- Georgia College and State University
- Georgia Southern University
- Mercer University
- University of Georgia
|Core Areas A, B, C, D and E
Required: 42 Hrs
Please see College Catalog for required curriculum
Required Hours: 6-9
|Mathematics or Natural Science||0-8|
|* Guided Elective Hours: 9 Hrs
(Courses approved by Advisor from Areas B-F)
*NOTE: Because schools vary widely in their require- ments for this program of study, the decision about which courses to take to complete this 8-9 hour component must be made in consultation with the advisor and be de- pendent on the requirements of the institution to which the student plans to transfer. These course selections should introduce the student to a major field of study for pursuit of baccalaureate degree.
|Program Total: 60 Hrs|
More Information » Click Here to Download a General Studies Flyer