In the event an incident occurs involving the explosion or a downed aircraft on campus the following action will be taken:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, and other objects which will give protection against falling glass or debris that may result from secondary explosions or facility damage.
- Public Safety should be notified as soon as possible at 289-2090 or 455-0125 cell.
- If necessary, or when directed to do so, activate the building fire alarm. CAUTION: THE BUILDING ALARM RINGS ONLY LOCALLY INSIDE THE BUILDING – YOU MUST REPORT THE EMERGENCY TO THE PUBLIC SAFETY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Assist the handicapped in exiting the building. Do not use the elevators in case of fire.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected area. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your assembly points.
- If requested, assist emergency personnel as necessary.
- Do not return to an affected area unless instructed to do so. Stay clear of the emergency area and/or affected buildings to reduce the chances of interference with responding emergency personnel.
- A campus emergency Command Post may be set up near the disaster site. Keep clear of the Command Post unless you have official business.