During an earthquake, actual or caused by explosion, etc., remain calm and quickly follow the steps outlined below:
- IF INDOORS, seek refuge in a doorway or under a desk or table. Stay away from glass windows, shelves and heavy equipment if possible.
- IF OUTDOORS move quickly away from buildings, utility poles, and other structures. CAUTION: Always avoid power or utility lines as they may be energized.
- If in an automobile, stop in the safest place available, preferably away from power lines and trees. Stop as quickly as safety permits, but stay in your vehicle for the shelter it offers.
- After the initial shock, remain alert for after-shocks or subsequent explosions. Evaluate the situation and if emergency help is necessary, call Public Safety at 455-0125 or 289-2090.
- Damaged facilities should be reported to Plant Operations at 289-2095. Note gas leaks and power lines create specific hazards.
- If an emergency exists, and there is NO gas leak, activate the building alarm.
CAUTION: THE BUILDING ALARM RINGS LOCALLY INSIDE THE BUILDING YOU MUST REPORT THE EMERGENCY TO THE PUBLIC SAFETY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AT 455-0125 or 289-2090.