Our Customer Service Vision
East Georgia State College employees are empowered to provide the highest possible level of customer service to one another and to all students, visitors, and the communities we serve in an efficient, supportive and professional manner.
East Georgia State College has always strived to provide excellent services in a personalized, friendly and efficient manner. An intentional Customer Service focus fulfills our desire and commitment to provide an even higher level of assistance while accomplishing the mission of East Georgia State College and its critical role in educating and preparing students for a college degree.
Our faculty and staff are amazing at what they do in their respective positions and support this opportunity to further engage in successful, enduring service to the students and communities we serve. With strong leadership support and committed staff, our customer service focus began in 2005, a year before the State's initiative, as a means to build on the college's legacy of "Education with a Personal Touch" and strengthen our service accountability. Providing a service-oriented approach in everything we do endures even stronger today.
"As Customer Service Champion at East Georgia State College, it is an honor to lead our institution in the development, implementation and demonstration of how a deliberate customer service approach continuously improves our processes and services.
We gladly welcome input and ideas as we sustain this continuous process of creating faster, friendlier, easier methods to carry out our mission of creating a more educated Georgia."
Norma Kennedy, Customer Service Champion
FY13 Customer Service Initiatives
- Repurpose the Library as a Learning Commons to aid in student success (Click here for a plan overview)
- Redesign the EGSC Webpage to enhance functionality as a student recruitment tool
- Addition of front-line Customer Service Representatives in Enrollment Services suite for faster, friendlier service
- Employee Appreciation and Recognition Event Mark your calendars! April 24, 2013 (Swainsboro) and April 25, 2013 (Statesboro)
- Service Awards
- Distinguished Faculty Awards
- STAR Staff of the Year Awards