The Learning Commons at East Georgia State College includes the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE), the Academic Advisement Center and the EGSC Library. As part of the Learning Commons, the EGSC Library has a unique mission that supports the mission of the college as a whole.
EGSC Library Mission Statement
The Library provides resources and services that will support, complement, and supplement the instructional, research, and general information needs of the campus community. To meet these needs the Library
- strives to develop a collection of resources of sufficient size, quality, currency, and diversity, both print and electronic;
- provides sessions of information literacy to the freshman class, via EGAC 1100, Student Success, and to individual classes, which teach the skills needed to utilize information resources independently and critically;
- provides research guides and tutorials, print and electronic, that describe how to use the library and its resources;
- creates and environment which encourages research and learning;
- fulfills our responsibility as a state institution by serving as a learning resource for various constituencies;
- participates in collaborative relationships with institutions with the University System of Georgia;
- provides resources and services via memberships in state, regional, and national consortia.