The Huggable Supermom Scholarship will be awarded to one college winner and one high school winner every 6 months. The application and selection timeline is as follows:
First Application Cycle Timeline
- Application deadline: June 30th
- Interviews with finalists: July
- First winner announced: July 31st
Second Application Cycle Timeline
- Application deadline: December 31st
- Interviews with finalists: January
- First winner announced: January 31st
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the requirements below. Please read the requirements carefully to ensure you meet eligibility before applying.
- Must be a graduating high school senior in your final semester who has been accepted to university or must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a 4-year, 2-year, vocational, or technical institution in the United States.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent legal resident.
- Must be a single mother, child of a single mother, or closely impacted by a single mother.
- All fields of study and GPAs will be considered.
How to Apply
When you're a single mother, you often do things a little differently as you support yourself, your child, and your loved ones. For this scholarship application, we want to hear how you make it work. If you're a single mother in school, how do you juggle caring for your little one with pursuing a degree and everything else you do? How do you make ends meet financially? Have you thought about dropping out? What keeps you motivated to complete your degree? What do you find most challenging about the experience? What do you find most rewarding about the experience? What are your favorite moments with your little one?
If you're the child or loved one of a single mother, how has this changed your life? What is your relationship to them? How does having a single mother or being close to a single mother affect your day-to-day and the way you think about your future?
We also want to hear about your dreams. Where do you see yourself in the future? What is your dream career? What are you doing right now to get there? How would winning the scholarship help you achieve your goals?
To apply, submit an essay of 500-1000 words in the form below sharing your story based on the questions above. Applications will be reviewed with impact in mind. We’re looking for applicants with tremendous passion and drive for big dreams, where winning the scholarship would bring them meaningfully closer to achieving their goals.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.