First Place Windows has started an annual scholarship for students that are actively working to reduce their carbon footprint. Our $1,000 scholarship award has been created to encourage students to think about their impact on the environment and how they can work to change it.
Essay Questions and Review Criteria
Please craft a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- What are the best ways of making a home more energy efficient?
- What can you envisage that the next steps are that individuals can take to reduce their carbon footprint in the future?
- What efforts have you personally made in reducing your own carbon footprint?
- The essay should answer all of the questions
- The 3 essay questions should be well balanced with the word-limit in mind
- We want to encourage the use of reputable scientific studies in your essay, please also link to studies used and cite these properly
The following applicants will be considered for the award:
- Applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester, they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Applicants attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants are playing an active role in Climate Change.
All applications must be submitted by June 30, 2019.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by July 15, 2019.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.