5K and Fun Run
Saturday, February 22, 2014
- Race day registration and check-in begins at 7:30 am on the East Georgia State College campus in Swainsboro. The 5K run/walk begins at 9:00 am, the 1-mile Fun Run begins at 10:00 am, and the awards ceremony begins at 10:30 am.
- Registration for 5K is $20.00 and $10.00 for the Fun Run. Registration after February 14 does not guarantee a T-shirt.
- Medals for 1st Overall Male & Female and 1st Masters Male & Female and for the top 3 male & female finishers in the 5K in each age group: Under 10, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & older. Trophies for 1st Overall Male & Female under 20 years of age. All participants in the Fun Run under 20 years of age will receive a Fun Run medal.
- All registrants will receive a Candace Canady Memorial Scholarship Run t-shirt.
- An entry form for the Run is available at canadyscholarship.org. Mail entry form to:
Candace Canady Run
c/o Randy Canady
P.O. Box 232
Garfield, GA 30425
- For questions contact Randy Canady at (478) 494-2613 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8th Annual Auction
Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 10 am
- The Auctioneer will be Mr. Rusty Lane and will take place at the Swainsboro J. C. Fairgrounds in Swainsboro, Ga.
- If you would like to donate any items for the Auction please call 478-494-2613 or 478-763-2613
- There will be a variety of items auctioned including: Furniture, Appliances, Paintings, Antiques, Vacuum Cleaners, T.V.'s, etc.
- Drinks/Hamburgers/Hot dogs /Snacks will be available for purchase.
- Proceeds fund Scholarships for graduating students at E.C.I. & Swainsboro High School.
- For more information, please visit the Candace Canady Memorial Scholarship website.