In order to participate, applicants must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited United States college or university by Spring 2019. Law students are also encouraged to apply. Participants should write a 500-600 word essay responding to the following question:
The Occupational Health & Safety Administration indicates that approximately 6.5 million people are working at construction sites around the country on any given day. Job accidents can happen in any industry, but these incidents are more likely in the construction industry. How can business owners and employees work together to ensure that construction workers are safe on their job, and help to avoid the risks that lead to injuries or even death?
Responses will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- The quality of the writing
- The thoughtfulness of the response
- The applicant’s demonstrated potential for success in their chosen field of study
How to apply
In the body of their email, applicants should include:
- Their full name and phone number
- The name of the educational institution they are attending or plan to attend
- Their current or proposed course of study
- Contact information for their parent or guardian, if the applicant is under 18-years-old.
Applicants should submit their responses by 12/30/2018 at 9AM PST. The Fall 2018 winner will be chosen by 1/15/2019. Please note that the scholarship check will be issued to the winner’s college / university of choice.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.