In order to participate, applicants must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited United States college or university by Spring 2018. Law students are also encouraged to apply. Participants should write a 500-600 word essay responding to the following question:
Hospitals are supposed to be a safe place, but according to OSHA, hospitals are one of the most hazardous places to work. Hospitals are encouraged to asses their workplace safety needs, implement safety and health management systems, and strengthen their patient handling programs. What implementations would you encourage hospitals to make to create a safer environment for employees and patients?
Responses will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- The quality of the writing
- The thoughtfulness of the response
- The applicant’s demonstrated potential for success in their chosen field of study
How to apply
In the body of their email, applicants should include:
- Their full name and phone number
- The name of the educational institution they are attending or plan to attend
- Their current or proposed course of study
- Contact information for their parent or guardian, if the applicant is under 18-years-old.
Applicants should submit their responses by 12/30/2017 at 9AM PST. The Fall 2017 winner will be chosen by 1/15/2018. Please note that the scholarship check will be issued to the winner’s college / university of choice.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page is not affiliated with East Georgia State College and do not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.