The University System of Georgia invites the public to attend any of five upcoming regional forums being held in September as part of its 2019 strategic planning effort.
The new strategic plan will set USG’s agenda for the next five years and beyond, making your input crucial. This is a chance to weigh in on how the system will face the challenges and opportunities of public higher education in Georgia.
As background, the Board of Regents laid the foundation for the plan in March. Over the summer, working groups that include University System Office staff as well as presidents representing each of USG’s four academic sectors have gathered ideas and refined them into draft goals, which will be discussed at the forums.
As the system gathers feedback from its stakeholders, both these and new goals will be firmed up to help outline strategies moving the system forward. Metrics, broken out by sector, will also be developed to measure progress toward the plan.
We encourage you to attend any of the forums at:
• 10 a.m. on Sept. 3 at Georgia State University’s Student Center East;
• 10 a.m. on Sept. 4 at Fort Valley State University’s C.W. Pettigrew Center;
• 10 a.m. on Sept. 5 at Valdosta State University’s University Center;
• 5 p.m. on Sept. 11 at Dalton State College’s Gignilliat Memorial Hall; and
• 3:15 p.m. on Sept. 19 at the Savannah Convention Center.
More details about each forum is posted on the system’s homepage at https://www.usg.edu/strategic_planning. Each forum is expected to last about 1.5 hours.
All the forums, while open to the public, are a direct opportunity for our key stakeholder groups to provide face-to-face feedback on the new strategic plan’s direction. We very much hope you can participate.