This scholarship safety guide will help students learn to identify legitimate scholarship opportunities and avoid scholarship scams.
Information in the article includes:
- What is a scholarship?
- 7 common scholarship scams
- Ask these questions before you apply
- Warning signs of a scholarship scam
- Where do legitimate scholarships come from?
- Searching for scholarships online
- What information do scholarships request?
- Using the FAFSA to securely share information
- What if a scholarship asks for financial information
- Sharing grades and academic information
- Wrap up: Scholarship application safety tips
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page is not affiliated with East Georgia State College and do not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.