To be eligible for the Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship, applicants must be:
- United States, Canada or Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents; and
- Accepted to, or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States, Canada or Australia.
Your application must include the first chapter (1,500 to 7,500 words) of an original novel you are currently writing, or have written but not yet published.
All applications must include:
- Your name, address and contact number;
- The name of the college or university you are attending or planning to attend;
- Your sample chapter attached to the email in .doc or .docx format with a written introduction. Google Doc links and PDFs will not be accepted.
Five finalists will be selected from each application pool. If your submission is shortlisted, your sample will be featured on Reedsy’s blog and social media channels. This will not affect your rights as the copyright holder.
To be considered for the Fall semester scholarship, applications must be received by February 21, 2019.
The scholarship must be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses. A wire transfer for $1,000 will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.