All applications must be submitted by September 15, 2019. A winner will be selected and notified by October 1, 2019.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
Today, nearly half of those 65 years and older are economically insecure and will run out of money during their retirements. At the same time, seniors are losing approximately $110B a year due to lapsing life insurance policies. The reason is that nearly 90% of seniors are unaware that you can sell your life insurance policy.
Please write a 1000 word essay that reflects on the above information and answers the following questions:
- Many seniors fall into financial difficulties through no fault of their own. What reasons do you think factor into this problem?
- When considering the finances of those already retired, how do you think new technology can help them gain access to historically hard to reach retirement services such as a life settlement, viatical settlement or annuity?
- Keeping in mind seniors are less likely to feel comfortable using technology and less trusting of the internet, how do you think modern companies can best manage that balance?
Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.