The Levin Firm is offering a bi-yearly $1,000 scholarship to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending college or graduate school in the near future. In order to apply, applicants must submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), a total of 4,976 motorcyclists died in crashes in 2016. Motorcycle deaths accounted for 13 percent of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2016 and were more than double the number of motorcyclist deaths in 1997. What can motorcyclists, and car drivers, as well, do to help prevent the loss of lives of on our roads?
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays must be received by February 15th, 2019 9 AM EST.
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number.
- The applicant should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email.
- No additional information should be included.
Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Grammar and style
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
- Use of proper citations
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.