Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in public service, as demonstrated by past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- An updated résumé and completed cover sheet.
Send your volunteer service hours showing that you have volunteered at least five hours at your favorite charitable organization. For every five hours worked, you will qualify for an eligible submission in the scholarship. For example, if you submit 15 hours of volunteer work, you will be assigned three entries for the scholarship. If you do not already have a favorite charity, here some great ones to choose from:
- Nashville Rescue Mission
- Habitat for Humanity
- Room in the Inn
- Youth Encouragement Services
- Volunteer Match
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s school (NOTE: First-year college students must submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as an unofficial transcript from their current post-secondary institution.)
The official deadline for all application materials is July 21, 2017.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.