All applicants for the Empowered Future Teachers Scholarship must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to apply:
- Must be pursuing a career as a preschool-5th grade teacher (any discipline).
- Must be enrolled at an accredited 2-year, 4-year, technical/vocational college, or university in the United States.
- Must be a college undergraduate, graduate student, or professional student
Must be pursuing an Education-related degree such as:
- Child Development, Early/Elementary/Middle Childhood Education, Special Education, Bachelor’s in Education, Master’s in Education, Doctorate in Education, Master of Arts in Teaching. (Students who are minoring in Education or students who have already earned a degree in Education and are currently pursuing a degree in another discipline are also eligible to apply.)
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Open to students from all states.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Finalists will be asked to provide a letter of recommendation from an academic reference, ideally a member of faculty in the applicant’s current educational institution, who can comment on the applicant’s abilities and interest in pursuing a career in Education.
- If selected, you must provide an official transcript for GPA and enrollment verification.
How to Apply
To apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements, and then simply complete the online scholarship application and submit a short essay by the application deadline. Scholarship winners will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Essay (500-1,000 words)
What inspired you to become a teacher? Where do you see your teaching career in 10 years, and what would winning this scholarship mean for your future career?
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.