East Georgia State College wants to make sure students are comfortable in an online classroom, and have put together a guide on accessing GeorgiaView D2L/Brightspace, the platform used for all of EGSC’s online classes.
The guide can be found in its entirety here: http://www.ega.edu/help/details/how-do-i-access-my-online-courses-or-troubleshoot-problems-using-gaview-d2l
There have also been multiple internet service providers who have released resources due to COVID-19. They are as follows:
- Federal Communications Commission “Keep Americans Connected Pledge”
- Comcast COVID-19 Response
- Charter Communications COVID-19 Response
- AT&T COVID-19 Response
- Verizon COVID-19 Response
- Sprint COVID-19 Response
- T-Mobile COVID-19 Response
- Pineland Connect2PinelandFree Program and Locations
- Northland Cable WiFi hotspots in Swainsboro, Statesboro and Vidalia
WiFi Access Points along the Statesboro "Blue Mile" have been announced. They are as follows:
- 1 Max Lockwood Dr, Statesboro, GA 30458 - Honey Bowen Building Facing the Playground on the east side of the building. Click Here
- 222 S Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458 - Statesboro Convention & Visitors Bureau building facing the front parking lot. Click Here
- 124 S Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458 - Statesboro Regional Public Library in a 2nd floor window facing the parking lot opposite main street. Click Here
- 33 E Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458 - Averitt Center for the Arts building facing the Bulloch County Courthouse South lawn and East Main street. Click Here
- 36 West Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458 - The Post Parking lot across from the Statesboro Post Office. Click Here
- 2900 Northside Dr W, Statesboro, GA 30458 - Old Nevil Tire Building facing the front parking lot.
Another very useful website to add to the list is www.broadbandnow.com which allows you to enter your zip code to determine internet options that are available in the respective area.
Eduroam WiFi Service
EGSC has joined Eduroam (https://www.eduroam.org/) service to allow EGSC faculty, staff and students to easily access global roaming Wi-Fi. These Wi-Fi hotspots are available at colleges and universities, national labs, museums in Georgia and across the United States and allow for secure Wi-Fi access using your myEGSC login credentials so that no matter where you are, you can utilize Wi-Fi like you’re at EGSC. When you are at an Eduroam location, just select “eduroam” as the wireless network and enter your myEGSC login credentials and you’re all set! To find an eduroam location near you, visit https://www.incommon.org/eduroam/eduroam-u-s-locator-map/
Georgia View D2L Brightspace Pulse mobile app
Concerned about not being able to access a computer to complete your classes? You can use Brightspace Pulse on your phone!
Brightspace Pulse is a mobile app that can help learners stay connected and on track with their courses in GeorgiaVIEW. It provides one easy view of course calendars, readings, assignments, evaluations, grades, and announcements. The app can help learners make better decisions about how to handle workload, when to submit assignments, and when to prepare for tests.
You can use Brightspace Pulse to see all the important dates and deadlines for each course, mark activities as complete, anticipate busiest times with a quick glance, receive the latest grades, course content, and announcements; share updates by email, text message, and social media; enter events and deadlines; view courses and course content; view course details and customize how much assignments and tests are worth; and seamlessly log in to GeorgiaVIEW via a browser to complete tasks. Pulse helps you stay connected and on track with your GeorgiaVIEW courses! Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrpEb-PfsFE
Download the app through the App Store or through Google Play.
Find more tips on how to succeed in an online environment at http://www.ega.edu/help/details/how-do-i-access-my-online-courses-or-troubleshoot-problems-using-gaview-d2l
East Georgia State College is committed to providing the same high-quality education students and their families expect from courses during a typical semester through these difficult times. Students are reminded to check their ega.edu emails regularly for any updates and changes as we navigate these difficult times.