• Must be a female
• Must be an education major
• Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must be a sophomore – 30 or more credit hours
• Must be a graduate of a public high school
• Residents of Candler, Emanuel, Johnson, & Treutlen Counties will be given preference.
• Residents of other Georgia Counties are strongly encouraged to apply.
You may print or email your application and deliver a copy to Lisa Cassidy, Administrative Assistant, in the Humanities Office at East Georgia State College.
You may apply online here.
Note these instructions if applying online:
School and Community Activities
Identify high school, college, and community awards; special honors; special talents and abilities; membership in organizations and clubs and offices held. Include volunteer work. Write out names of clubs. Do not use acronyms such as SPAGE.
If you submit a hard copy of your application, please type your complete list and
submit it on a separate sheet.
Write a short essay which explains why you are majoring in education, why you think you will be an effective teacher and what you would like to accomplish as an educator.
A carefully written essay should include introductory and concluding paragraphs and a thesis statement. It should have a minimum of approximately 500 words.
If you submit a hard copy of your application, please type your essay double spaced and submit it on a separate sheet.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 24, 2017
(No Later Than 11:59 PM)