With the unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in right now, East Georgia State College has decided that the application period for the Correll Scholars Program for Fall 2020 will be extended until April 15. There are two ways to apply for the $5,000 annual scholarship:
- If you have applied and been accepted to East Georgia State College for Fall 2020, you can apply online at www.ega.edu/scholarships. Complete the application tab first and you will be prompted to complete the required essay.
- If you have not yet been accepted or would prefer to complete the paper application, visit https://direc.to/dywZ , print and mail or email it to Michael Wernon, Director of Financial Aid, East Georgia State College, 131 College Circle, Swainsboro, GA. 30401. Email address: email@example.com.
Once the applications are received, they will be screened and graded on the essay and other criteria. Students will then be contacted to conduct an online interview through Zoom technology.
The Correll Scholars Program was established in 2014 by Mr. and Mrs. Pete Correll to recognize and prepare exceptionally promising students as future community leaders in our region.
- Awards are $5,000 per student, renewable annually, for a maximum of four years. Twenty scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Students must attend East Georgia State College’s Swainsboro campus.
- Correll Scholars who meet eligibility requirements and continue their studies as a junior or senior in a baccalaureate degree program at EGSC will be given first consideration for subsequent year awards.
- Students must attain qualifying enrollment status to receive subsequent year funding: “sophomore” for year two, “junior” for year three, and “senior” for year four.
- Students are chosen based on demonstrated Scholarship, Leadership and Service.
- Rigorous program standards include participation in a one-hour credit course each semester that focuses on issues and challenges facing our region and work collaboratively to design solutions for those challenges.
- Students will also participate in service leadership programs and act as ambassadors for the college.
For more information, contact Michael Wernon at firstname.lastname@example.org.