Both current college students and those starting college next spring are welcome to apply. In order to participate in the contest, applicants must submit a 500-600 word essay answering the following question:
Although there are Federal and State laws that require cities to build and maintain safe roads and highways, thousands of people are hurt or killed each year on U.S. roads and highways due to poor road quality and conditions. Based on your research, what are the most common road conditions that contribute to car accidents?
Applicants should also submit the following information in the body of their submission email:
- Their name, address, phone number, and date of birth
- Their parents contact information, if the applicant is under 18 years old
- The name of the institution they plan on attending
- The course of study they plan to pursue
Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Grammar and style
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
- Proper use of citations
Deadline: 12/15/17, 9am PST
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page is not affiliated with East Georgia State College and do not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.