The APIA Scholarship online application will open on September 4, 2018 and close on January 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community's diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
APIA Scholarship Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2019. Please read the scholarships by supporter details below for specific eligibility requirements regarding the academic standing required for each scholarship.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit one letter of recommendation online.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.