Altamaha EMC is currently accepting applications for the Walter Harrison Scholarship, a program sponsored by Georgia's electric cooperatives. The $1,000 scholarship can be applied to academic expenses at any accredited two- or four-year university, college or vocational-technical institute in Georgia. Eleven scholarships will be awarded statewide in early spring of 2018.
- The recipient's primary residence must be the household of an Altamaha EMC member or Altamaha EMC employee. All Altamaha EMC members and employees are also eligible.
- The recipient must be enrolled in an accredited program, either full-time or part-time.
- The recipient must be an undergraduate student only. A person may submit an application each year, but previous winners are not eligible for a second scholarship.
- The scholarship fund will be in the form of a grant program with funds being paid to the college, university or technical school in Georgia.
- The scholarship fund will provide $1,000 to each scholarship winner's educational expenses. The number of scholarships will depend on the fund earnings.
- Scholarship use must commence within one year of date of issuance and be totally utilized within two years of the date of issuance. The school shall return any unused funds to the scholarship fund.
- The scholarship may be used at any two-year or four-year accredited college or university in Georgia including technical schools.
- A combination of need and academic ability will be used in determining scholarship fund winners.
- Georgia Southern University will administer the scholarship fund.
- Scholarship winners must notify Altamaha EMC of their acceptance of the award and the name of the school they plan to attend by June 1, 2018 or they will forfeit the scholarship.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.