- First Place - $6,000 Scholarship
- Second Place - $3,000 Scholarship
- Third Place - $1,000 Scholarship
The scholarship award monies may only be used toward tuition, or expenses related to your education. There is no cost to enter the contest.
Scholarship winners will be notified via email, and we’ll make a public announcement of each winner within 30 days of the announcement.
Essay applicants must:
- Graduate or undergraduate student enrolled full-time at a postsecondary institution in the U.S.
- Welcome to enter: U.S. citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. permanent residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian entrants, Humanitarian parolees
- At least 18 years of age at time of entry
Not eligible to enter are:
- Owners, employees, or direct family members of employees or owners affiliated with RehabCenter.Net
- International students or temporary residents
Essay Topic And Guidelines
We’re looking for essays that describe the views of those passionate about drug and alcohol addiction and the effects it has on people, their health, society, and more.
Maybe you have a loved one who has struggled with drug or alcohol abuse, or maybe you have struggled in the past, maybe you’re currently struggling and trying to find the help you need. We welcome and encourage you to enter the contest, share your story, and profess your dedication to addiction awareness efforts.
It’s not necessary that you have a history with drug and alcohol addiction to enter the contest. The only thing necessary is your commitment to expressing your views for:
- The ways in which addiction affects society today.
- What can we do to reduce these effects, help people, and lessen the burden of addiction on society?
Essay submissions should be no longer than 1,200 words. Applicants will be awarded based on the quality of the content, degree of originality, and personal style. Contest judges will be in search of essays that are not only structured and organized well, but with strong, logical arguments.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.