Mr. Okin is proud to contribute to the national discussion on community service by sponsoring the Seth Okin Good Deeds Scholarship and Essay Contest. The winner of the contest will be awarded with a $500 scholarship that will enable him or her to pursue educational goals with the ultimate purpose of creating a meaningful life of service to others.
Who is Eligible for this Scholarship?
- The Seth Okin Good Deeds Scholarship can be offered to any student pursuing a post-secondary education (community college, undergraduate or graduate degree programs, law school, or business school).
- Applicants must be both interested and engaged in serving their community.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater (indicating good academic standing) to apply.
What Are the Application Requirements?
- Applicants must submit a resume that reflects their interest in service and activism by presenting relevant professional, academic, and volunteer experience.
- Applicants must submit the most recent available academic transcript. If no official transcript is available from the applicant’s current institution, an up-to-date unofficial transcript shall be submitted IN ADDITION TO the most recent official transcript available.
Applicants must submit a 500-word essay that responds to the following question:
With so many people and organizations in today’s world in need of volunteers and financial assistance, how should people decide where to direct their time and donations?
The Seth Okin Good Deeds Scholarship winner will be announced in Spring 2018. The deadline for scholarship and essay contest submissions is January 31, 2018.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.