Those eligible for the Outstanding Citizen Scholarship essay contest must comply with the following criteria:
- All candidates must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll by Fall 2017 into an accredited post-secondary program, which includes: community colleges, private or public undergraduate colleges, and universities, private or public graduate degree programs, law programs, and business programs. If the essay contest winner cannot provide evidence of enrollment at the time of scholarship disbursement, a new winner will be selected.
- All candidates have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- All candidates must possess a proven commitment to citizenry, as demonstrated by their essay and resumé.
A submission is considered “complete” when it includes:
- An updated resumé that includes academic, professional, and volunteer experiences with a focus on community service and citizenry.
- A 500-word essay that answers the following question:
What is one of the most important ways an individual can serve her or his community, and how have you served your community in this way?
- A current official academic transcript indicating that the candidate’s cumulative grade point average is 3.0 or greater. (Note: applicants who cannot furnish an official transcript from their current institution may submit both an unofficial transcript from their current place of learning, as well as an official transcript from the last school they attended.)
- A letter of recommendation from someone who can attest to your great work on a community service project.
The winner of the Outstanding Citizen Scholarship Essay Contest will be announced later in Spring 2018.
March 31, 2018
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.