Ms. Castellini feels that educated women have the power to act as strong leaders both in their field and in the community at large. Thus, she is glad to sponsor the Kerri Castellini Women’s Leadership Scholarship & Essay Contest. The winner will earn a $500 scholarship to go toward her educational pursuits to help her become a strong and accomplished leader in her community.
- The applicant must be a female or female-identifying student pursuing a post-secondary education. Qualifying degrees include: associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, graduate degrees, business school degrees, medical degrees, or law degrees offered by accredited U.S. institutions. Incoming first-year college students are also eligible to apply if they possess a valid GED or high school diploma.
- Candidates must exhibit strong leadership skills, as demonstrated by past and present educational, professional, and volunteer experiences.
- All applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, as indicated by an official academic transcript. Applications without this information will not be considered.
- Candidates shall submit a current resume that lists academic, professional, and volunteer experience, especially any leadership experience in these fields.
- A completed version of the application cover sheet
- Candidates must also provide an unofficial transcript, demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- A recommendation letter written by someone who can attest to the applicant’s leadership goals, achievements, and capabilities.
Candidates shall also submit a 500-word essay that addresses the following prompt:
Describe an ideal woman leader in the 21st century. How do you believe that you exemplify this role in your daily life and career aspirations?
The 2017 Kerri Castellini Women’s Leadership Scholarship winner will be announced in Winter of 2017. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you must submit your completed application on or before November 30, 2017.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page is not affiliated with East Georgia State College do not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.