Criteria for eligibility and selection:
- The scholarship program is open to all undergraduate, graduate, and law school students, as well as incoming college freshmen at an accredited U.S. educational institution.
- The candidate must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The Karin Riley Porter Attorney at Law Scholarship program welcomes all students who meet the above criteria to apply. Applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Complete the Karin Riley Porter Attorney at Law Good Works Scholarship Application Cover Sheet.
- A 500 word letter of intent that identifies the applicant and describes the applicant’s leadership and dedication in giving back to his or her community through community service projects, including projects involving criminal justice issues.
- A current, unofficial academic transcript from the applicant’s school.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, school administrator, work supervisor, or a member of the clergy who has known the applicant at least one year and can speak to why the applicant deserves this scholarship.
To be considered eligible, interested applicants must submit a completed application along with the previously listed requirements by November 30, 2017.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page is not affiliated with East Georgia State College and do not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.