Selection and Eligibility Criteria
The annual scholarship award is for three (3) students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university during the 2017-2018 academic year.
The following are ineligible to apply:
- Employees of SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
- An immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of an employee of SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
- A person living in the same household, whether or not related, of an employee of SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
Applicants must include a 250-word maximum introductory bio with their 500-750 word essay and sign the Scholarship Award Agreement.
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to three (3) individual students who write the most compelling essay as judged by SeniorAdvisor.com staff.
Guidelines for Applicants
Please include the following three items in your submission:
- 250 word maximum introductory bio about yourself – you may choose to include your work or educational background, why you're seeking a degree in your field, and why this scholarship interested you.
- 500-750 word essay response to the question: How can your major of study improve the lives of seniors in assisted living facilities in your town?
- Signed and dated Scholarship Award Agreement.
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2017
Scholarship award recipients will be announced by January 31, 2018.
DISCLAIMER: The scholarship listed on this page are not affiliated with East Georgia State College and does not constitute endorsement by EGSC of the scholarship being offered or any organizations mentioned. Scholarships listed are for informational purposes only. It is the student’s responsibility to verify all information related to the scholarship application, including any requirements and related deadlines.