At Orientation, new students will meet in small groups with academic advisors. Students are expected to be prepared and are not allowed to register for classes until their advisement session. Here are some tips from to be prepared for a successful advisement and registration:
• Want to change your major or campus? Students wanting to change their major or campus should do so at least 1 week prior to check-in of their Orientation session. Due to the amount of students at Orientation requiring assistance, students that turn in the Update form the day of Orientation can expect longer than normal processing times. Click here to change your major, change your campus, or update your information.
• Explore the Academic Catalog: All students, and particularly students who are undecided about their academic major, should explore the academic catalog for information about our academic programs.
• Explore the Course Schedule prior Orientation to see your available options. However, recognize that the course schedule is subject to change, and you will need to be flexible as you and the advisor create a schedule that combines your originally planned courses and the courses that are available at the time you come to register.
• Create a Sample Schedule prior to Orientation and create a tentative list of courses that you would like to take during your first semester at EGSC. It will be beneficial to have a backup schedule in the event your first selections are closed. Click here for a practice schedule with an example to help you get started!
• Advisors meet with students only. Make sure your parents understand that you are expected to take control of your academic planning and goal setting during the advisement session. Your parents should make alternative plans during advisement. Nonetheless, it might be good to discuss your plans with your parents during preparation, in case they have questions.
• Visit the Orientation website which is specifically designed to provide important information about EGSC and help prepare you for Orientation.
If you are an incoming freshman (or freshman with less than 30 transferable credit hours), you will be required to take EGAC 1100 Student Success.
If you are an incoming transfer student, you will have your transfer credit history available at Orientation to assist in the advisement session.