Remote Testing Option
Do you live outside of the Swainsboro area or unable to visit campus to test? Students who are unable to test at either the Swainsboro, Statesboro or Augusta campus are able to take the exam at an Accuplacer Remote Testing Site of their choosing at an institution closest to them. With the Remote Testing Option, you can quickly and conveniently arrange to have your Accuplacer exam administered from accredited testing centers across the country.
Please be aware that each institution charges a proctoring fee for this service which the student will be responsible for. Results will be downloaded 24-48 hours after testing has been completed. If you would like to set up a remote test, view the table below to find a location, then fill out the Accuplacer remote request form. If you are testing out of the State of Georgia, your test site will be selected based on proximity to your address. *Please note that only those students that have applied to EGSC are eligible for a remote exam.
- The Remote Testing Voucher will allow you to test at another site and your test scores will be sent to EGSC electronically upon completion. (The WritePlacer portion of the exam may take 24-48 hours to receive results)
- Remote exam requests must be submitted at least 3 business days before the date you are wanting to test.
- Students will be sent an email from Accuplacer <NoReply@accuplacer.info> within 72 hours (excluding weekends) with their voucher code and remote testing instructions.
- Remote vouchers are only valid for 90 days. In the event of an expired voucher, you must complete a new remote testing request.
- Each institution charges a separate fee for remote testing, please contact the institution directly for cost.
- Take your voucher and a valid photo I.D. to your testing site on the date of your test.
We will be notified by email upon completion of your test.
- Please Note: The remote testing site may not print your score for you and we cannot release scores through email or by phone.
|Remote Testing Locations|
|ABAC||Dalton State College||Southeastern Technical College|
|Albany Technical College||Darton State College||Southern Crescent Technical College|
|Athens Technical College||Georgia Military College||Southern Regional Technical College|
|Augusta Technical College||Ga Northwestern Technical College||Truett McConnell University|
|Augusta University||Kennesaw State University||University of North Georgia|
|Central Georgia Technical College||Middle Georgia State University||University of West Georgia|
|Clayton State University||North Georgia Technical College||Valdosta State University|
|Coastal Pines Technical College||Oconee Fall Line Technical College||Wiregrass Georgia Technical College|
|College of Coastal Georgia||Ogeechee Technical College|
|Columbus State University||Savannah State University|
As of December 1, EGSC no longer administers the Compass exam, however we can accept equivalent COMPASS scores from any USG, COC-accredited, and non-COC-accredited TCSG institutions. We are unable to accept the Pre-Algebra section as it not an equivalent to the Algebra Section. Any student that has tested at an institution other than East Georgia State College will need to have those scores forwarded to the Admissions office.
As of December 1, the Compass Placement Exam will be replaced with the AccuPlacer Entrance Exam, per USG recommendation. Compass placement test scores will continue to be honored until 12/31/16. Scores may be combined with SAT or ACT along with the Compass or Accuplacer exam, however SAT and ACT scores cannot be combined for superscoring. Any student taking the Accuplacer exam at another institution other than EGSC must have taken the following sections: Reading Comprehension, WritePlacer, and Elementary Algebra and meet minimum requirements before a decision can be made. A Sentence Skills score will not be accepted in place of the WritePlacer.
What is the Accuplacer Exam?
Accuplacer is a computer-adaptive exam used to assess college readiness in Reading, English and Math. It is part of the college admissions and enrollment process where the scores are used by advisors to help students take courses that match their skill level and give them the best opportunities for success. Personal calculators are not allowed except those provided on the testing screen. Results for the Reading Comprehension and Elementary Algebra sections will be made available upon completion of the exam, however the WritePlacer portion of the exam may take up to 24-48 hours to receive results. Please see below for exemption and placement information.
The Accuplacer exam is offered to students at the Swainsboro location Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm, no appointment necessary. Testing is also available, by appointment only, at our Statesboro and Augusta locations. After you complete the ACCUPLACER assessment, we will interpret your scores for placement into specific EGSC courses
Students who wish to take the Accuplacer exam at EGSC but to be used at another institution will be required to pay a $25 fee and will be tested on an as-available basis.
The Official Web-Based Study App
This web-based study app features tests in Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, College-Level Math, and Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills. It's accessible from an internet-capable device, and it will help you become familiar with the content and format of the ACCUPLACER test questions
Free ACCUPLACER Sample Questions (PDF)
This free PDF document gives you examples of the types of questions you will see when you take the ACCUPLACER test. It is useful for some fast and simple preparation prior to taking the test.
How can I exempt the Accuplacer exam?
All new incoming freshmen are required to take the entrance exam, unless they can exempt sections by meeting the ACT/SAT minimum test requirements and the completion of the 4 Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) units of English and the 4 Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) units of Math. The exemption scores are as follows:
OLD SAT Critical Reading score ≥ 430 or ACT English ≥ 17
OLD SAT Math score ≥ 400 or ACT Math ≥ 17
NEW SAT Reading score ≥ 24 or ACT English ≥ 17
NEW SAT Math score ≥ 22 or ACT Math ≥ 17
GHSGT-ELA Score ≥ 235
(2010-2012 graduates ONLY; Satisfies only the Writing and Reading Compass sections)
|Measure or Score||Recommended Maximum “Age”|
|SAT/ACT||7 years from date of administration|
|HSGPA||5 years from date of graduation|
|COMPASS||1 year from date of administration|
|Accuplacer||1 year from date of administration|
Transfer students that have taken ENGL 1101 and/or MATH 1111 or higher level course from approved institutions are exempt from the entrance exam requirement.
Submit your SAT scores via College Board (SAT school code – 5200) or submit your ACT scores via ACT (ACT school code – 0799) for evaluation. Please allow up to 4 weeks for scores to be mailed as we do not upload electronically. Students are also able to print an official ACT score report or official SAT score report for review.
Entrance Exam Score and Placement Information
East Georgia State College has established minimum entrance scores in each subject area. Students must meet an exempting score in at least one area and score at least a minimum score in the other two areas. Those that are placed in all three areas of Learning Support are encouraged to consider the Summer Jump Start Academy as an alternative option. *Students who have a calculated high school GPA below 2.00 OR have earned a GED diploma, must exit TWO subject areas and a minimum score in ONE area.
Entrance exam placement scores alone no longer determine placement, per USG policy, a Mathematics Placement Index (MPI) and an English Placement Index (EPI) will be calculated based on High School Grade Point Average (HSGPA), SAT or ACT and, when indicated, and approved placement test. Please click link below for more detailed information in calculation.
(prior to March 2016)
(as of March 2016)
|Min. Score for Writing||17 English||430 Critical Reading||24 Reading||
7 eWrite OR
|4 WritePlacer||42 Writing Skills|
|Min. Score for Reading||17 English||430 Critical Reading||24 Reading||74 Reading||61 Reading Comprehension||40 Reading Skills|
|Min. Score for Algebra||17 Math||400 Math||22 Math||37 Algebra||67 Elem. Algebra||42 Algebra w/Elem Algebra|
|Min. Score for Writing||
4 eWrite OR
|3 WritePlacer||37 Writing Skills|
|Min. Score for Reading||62 Reading||46 Reading Comprehension||36 Reading Skills|
|Min. Score for Algebra||20 Algebra||32 Elem. Algebra||31 Algebra w/Elem Algebra|
- Students must bring a Photo ID to the test for identity verification.
- Cell phones are NOT permitted in the testing lab.
- Students are strongly encouraged to practice and review prior to taking the exam.
- Personal calculators are not permitted in the testing lab as there is a calculator built into the test for you to use.
- This test is computerized. The Reading Comprehension and Elementary Algebra sections are not timed while the WritePlacer has a 60 minute time limit.
- There is no cost for this test if the student has applied for admission to EGSC. There is a $25 fee if the student is not an EGSC applicant.
- Children are not allowed in the testing room and cannot be left alone outside of the testing area.
- Students currently enrolled in Learning Support classes are not eligible to retest as registering for classes will immediately eliminate the retest option — no exceptions.
- The retest must be taken before the Admission deadline date for that term.
- Students may retest once without showing proof of remediation.
- Students must wait at least one week between exam and retest to allow for remediation.
- Students who have tested two times and have not obtained acceptable scores are allowed a 3rd attempt after they have completed at least 6 hours of remediation.
- Students who have tested three times and have not obtained acceptable scores are allowed a 4th attempt after they have completed at least 20 hours of remediation.
- A $15 retest fee is assessed for each seated visit, not per test section.
- The retest fee may be paid at the time of testing and receipt must be shown for verification.
If you identify yourself as a student with disability, all requests for accommodations must be made as early as possible, at least 30 days in advance of the need. Documentation of disability must be submitted and pre-approved prior ro testing. For further information regarding accommodations, please contact the Counseling and Disability Services Office at (478) 289-2039 or visit the website.
Office of Student Affairs
131 College Circle
Swainsboro Georgia 30401
Phone: (478) 289-2169
Fax: (478) 289-2353