Transient Students (Student Affairs Policy 18.104.22.168)
An applicant who is enrolled in one institution and who wishes to take courses temporarily at East Georgia State College shall submit the documents outlined in Section 3.81 of the Academic and Student Affairs Handbook.
- Transient students must be in good standing at their home institution.
- Transient students are considered non-degree seeking students at East Georgia State College.
- East Georgia State College will not accept a letter of no objection (in lieu of a transient permission letter) for students who have been dismissed from their home institution.
- Transient students should be advised by their home institution regarding selection of courses to be taken at East Georgia State College.
- Transient students are unable to receive financial aid directly from East Georgia and must contact their financial aid office to request a financial aid consortium letter if seeking financial aid (i.e. HOPE).
- Transient students are not required to attend a new student orientation session and are not guaranteed course availability.
- Complete Admissions Application and pay the $20.00 non-refundable application fee
Submit Transient/Permission Letter
- A transient/permission letter signed by the registrar or academic dean at the institution recommending the applicant as a transient student.
- The letter must indicate the specific term the student plans to attend East Georgia State College.
- The letter may also include a list of courses to be taken at East Georgia State College.
- A “Letter of Good Standing” from institutions outside the state of Georgia may be acceptable.
- For fastest service, transient/permission letters may be faxed to us at 478-289-2353 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts of college work completed elsewhere are not required since transient students are not admitted to degree programs.
- Forward Immunization records from home institution to East Georgia
- Submit Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification. *Students who are International or undocumented must submit a Lawful Presence Opt-Out form verifying that they understand they will be charged out of state tuition.
Once all of the above documentation has been received by the Admissions office and you have been accepted, you are now ready to find your classes!
- Review the available courses by selecting semester and campus. Please note that not all classes are offered at all campus locations
Contact the Registrar's office with the CRNs (course registration numbers) of the courses you are approved to take
- If submitting an email, please provide your full name, birthdate, EGSC ID#, and the course numbers (CRNs) of the courses needed
- If submitting in person, a counselor can assist you in finding needed courses
- Transient students should be prepared to request a transcript from East Georgia to be sent back to their home institution upon completion of courses.