In addition to the requirements for beginning students and transfer students as outlined in the East Georgia State College catalog. Students from countries other than the United States must meet the following requirements for admission to East Georgia State College:
- Application & Fee - Complete the East Georgia State College application for admission and pay the non-refundable $20 Application Fee.
- Academic Transcripts - Must present official translated secondary (high school) or post secondary (college or university) transcripts, diplomas, certificates including grade reports and courses completed showing. An official English translation must accompany all academic documents from one of the following approved agencies:
English Proficiency - International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Completion of a test of English language proficiency is required of all applicants. However, any student who has successfully completed a learning support course in English and/or reading as part of a program of English as a second language will not be required to take the Compass placement test in English and/or reading. Please refer to the chart below for approved exams and minimum standards or some other USG-approved evaluation of English.
Minimum Score for Admission Internet TOEFL 70 Paper TOEFL 523 Computer TOEFL (no longer available) 193 IELTS 6.0 SAT (Critical Reading/Math) 430 / 400 ACT (English/Math) 17 / 17 Compass (Writing/Reading/Math)* 32 / 62 / 20 Pearson Academic (PTE) 53 EIKEN Pre-1 MELAB MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) 77 Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English) 169 (old scale 52) Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) Pass Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) IGCSE and “O” Level “English” exams “D” or Better UK GCSE “English” exam “C” or Better UK GCE A-Level “English” exam “C” or Better EdExcel International A-Levels and IGCSE English exams “D” or Better Completion of an approved USG campus-based ESL program of study. Per USG campus regulations. A waiver can be granted to students from countries where English is the native language and/or the official language for academic instruction. Per USG campus review.
* Students scoring below the minimum required Compass score and/or placewill be placed in the appropriate learning support courses designed to teach the skills needed to pass college level coursework. Please click here for more information regarding Compass requirements.
- Apply for I-20 - To begin process, student must first submit a "SEVIS Data Form” along with their Financial Statement before applying for a Student Visa. It is the policy of East Georgia State College not to issue any Certificate of Eligibility for non-immigrant (F-1) student status (Form I-20) until all international student admission requirements have been met. Since no Form I-20 will be issued within thirty (30) days prior to the date of registration, international students are encouraged to have their admissions file completed at least 60 days in advance of the start of their semester of entrance.
- Financial Resources - Submit a financial statement outlining the student's ability to pay all East Georgia State College expenses in full (at least $20,000). International students are not eligible for financial assistance. The College reserves the right to request funds for one year from countries in which students experience unusual difficulty in sending money out of their country.
- Health Insurance - All International students are required to present evidence of personally acquired health and accident insurance from: United Healthcare/Student Resources. This must be done within 30 days of the first day of classes.
- Immunizations - Submit the required Certification of Immunization form with required immunizations.
International students with student (F-1) visas are required to take a full course load (12 semester hours) Fall and Spring semester.
East Georgia State College reserves the right to admit only an international applicant who is academically qualified, who has proven his/her ability to meet the financial requirements while in attendance, and who has qualified for the appropriate visa type.
East Georgia State College is a residential campus; however, the student must apply 30 days prior to attendance. Students assume responsibility for their own housing.