An applicant who completed high school graduation requirements under a home school program or graduated from a non-accredited high school may be considered for admission.
According to the policies of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, an applicant whose SAT I combined (Verbal plus Mathematics) score is at or above the SAT I score of the previous year’s fall semester first-time freshmen admitted to the USG institution to which he or she is applying and who has completed the equivalent of each of the College Preparatory Curriculum areas as documented by a portfolio of work and/or other evidence that substantiates College Preparatory Curriculum completion qualifies for consideration for admission.
Home school applicants, regardless of age, need to submit the following documents:
- Application for Admission
- Application Fee - $20 (non-refundable)
Certificate of Immunization -
Swainsboro Campus - All required immunizations
Augusta Campus - All required immunizations
Statesboro Campus - All required immunizations = Certificate of Immunization, Tuberculosis (TB) Screening, Medical Entrance Form
Official SAT or ACT scores - sent to EGSC directly from the testing agency, meeting the minimum requirements of SATV 430 and SATM 400 or ACT English 17 and ACT Math 17
Information for requesting official scores can be found at www.collegeboard.com or www.act.org .
- Home School Portfolio - Applicants who were home schooled must submit a Home School Portfolio Summary form along with supporting documentation.
Letter of Completion from the primary teacher or program administrator certifying completion of high school and date of high school graduation.
- GED (General Education Diploma) scores - Home school applicants who do not meet the SAT/ACT test score requirement must obtain a General Education Development (GED) Diploma prior to acceptance.
- Official College Transcripts from each college, university, or technical college attended.
Entrance exam (COMPASS) may be required prior to registration for those applicants that have obtained a GED. Applicants that do not meet test the SAT/ACT score requirement will be required to take the Compass exam in addition to obtaining a GED diploma.
** Home school applicants who receive a GED are ineligible for retro HOPE after completing 30 hours of college coursework.